Skip to main content

Like...??? Love...???

Honestly, I did not want to write this; I mean about love. I don't know which fundamental rule of life is working behind it, but whenever you want to stay away from anything, those things always draws you towards it. Actually on one beautiful night, my roomy asked me that what Love is. Is love the luck of the draw? Are some of us just luckier than others? Or is it something lacking in me? Well, no one can define love, and I am also unable to explain this word. But I can definitely say what love is not. Yes, love is not always about liking someone.

“I love my shirt,” “I love my bag,” “I love my cell,” “I love my dog” these are the some of the sentences that we heard from people around us. But looking at another side, even in our society they don’t allow us to keep pets like dogs and cats. People say that the love for these things or pets is actually “like” for these extra attracting things. Beyond this, I thought and asked myself, is it only like?

No, I believe, it is more than like, so is it love? Sometimes we want to wear old roughed shirt/pant rather than new bright ones. Yes, all of us like to wear new Denim clothes, then why we want to wear these old ones? Sometimes we store our old things securely more than money with which your memories are connected, memories of loved one, with whom you learned to laugh in every moment of life, with whom you learned to love, with whom you learned to live every moment of life. When you fall in love with someone, and if you crossed the boundary of liking then, you would be in love with all small things of that person. Everything, that might be bag, shirt or else. You always want to do something different for that person.

People fall in love at first sight. Is it possible to fall in love with the person whom you have seen only single time? Is it possible to fall in love with someone with whom you have never talked, and even you don’t know anything about that person?

My simple answer is a big no. It’s not possible at the range of thinking of my mind and heart. People who fall in love at first sight are the people who show their passion for love and his/her partners, but they are also one of them who forms the high divorce rates.

Love is not always about feelings. It is sometimes a choice. There are also people who fall in love after the stage of attraction or liking (which might be a choice) and says that they feel for each other. They give gift and date each other. But there will be a time when they don't feel it. There might be many couples who have many arguments; they don’t feel loving, but still, they fulfill their partner’s wishes ahead of their own. It's all because of mutual understanding beyond that feelings and liking. Yes, love is sometimes a mutual understanding; love is sometimes like but not vice versa.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Silence Speaks

I came home with an extra pencil and eraser today, he picked me up, my dad, and put a hand on the left cheek and rubbed gently. It’s not good to take other’s thing, give it back tomorrow, he said with a loving smile. He pulled me closer, you shouldn’t do that again, he said and kissed. I was five years old. Who was I to listen to him? I was eating chocolate, looking here and there, hoping no one was watching me. How was the chocolate? He asked when I came home. Colours of happiness on my face replaced with a blank expression. He didn’t ask how I got the chocolate. He probably knew I must have stolen it from somewhere, from someone. He got angry, he wanted to slap but my mom couldn’t let him do so. I was just seven years old. He threw a few words in anger. I got more homework and no dinner. But who was I to listen to him? I was playing cricket with friends on the street. My father came from the office, watched us play for some time. He smiled and taught me the right way to d

Sshhh!!! Listen to The Silence!!!

“Nothing is impossible because impossible says I’m possible.” I heard this quote from my brother, and after that, I started thinking that, “How we can say impossible is possible? Because we can’t say silence is sound...” in some of those days, I preferred to be silent during arguments, while gossiping, when someone is talking, when the house is empty. My silence was making a   tone   of sense. I started believing that silence doesn’t make you inactive, it would be glorious if you could listen the sound of the silence. You can listen to silence and learn from it. It   has quality   and dimensions   all of its own. One of my memories that I would like to share with you, in my high school days, I was such a mischievous boy. I had made a big mischief. Like   an every   Principal, our school Principal also called my father. I was in front of my dad, worried and thinking   about   what he would say. But what happened? He didn’t say even a single word; he just gazed at me for a minute

My Guardian Angels

When your sisters leave the home, your home isn't the home. It's just a house... What brothers feel when sisters leave home after marriage... My two sisters got married a weak ago and this poem is dedicated to them. I don’t know you, who are you? I was wondering in the crib. you were taking care of me but you were also small, maybe five years? Wooo, you took me out of the crib for the first time, I hoped you wouldn’t drop me; your hands were too small to lift me. Waaa, Whaaa, I was crying as you dropped me. I’ll take revenge, I thought though I was too small to think. I started sleeping outside crib finally. I was able to know People around me now. I got to know you are my sister. We fought to have that single chocolate but at the end, you sacrificed everything to see the smile on my face. I remember my first day in the school, I cried to go to mom But you pampered me just like another mother from the God above On the day